Happy Valentine’s Day!!
With all the sweetness surrounding February 14th, I want to share with you a recipe that is not only tasty, romantic and visually appealing but also very nutritious for your body!
If you are looking for a great Valentine’s Day dessert recipe to impress your loved one, you need to give this cake a try!
Valentine’s Day is all about spoiling your loved ones (and yourself of course!) so allow a little indulgence to enter your life on that occasion. And that doesn’t have to mean loading up your plates with unhealthy, sugary-packed sweet desserts that will only overwhelm both of you and bring down the whole romantic mood.
This Almond Flour Chocolate Cake recipe is delicious, rich, moist and most importantly, good for your body. So, celebrate your relationship and share this cake together or bake it together, have a chat, make memories and spend some quality time together.
Having said that, remember to always keep moderation in mind and be mindful of portions/servings because there is such a thing as TOO MUCH even when comes to healthy foods.
Here are the ingredients and their benefits that make this Almond Flour Chocolate Cake packed with nutrition:
Almond Flour – healthy fat, gluten-free swap to the conventional flour. Good for your blood sugar since it’s low on the glycemic index and high in magnesium. Lowers cholesterol and blood pressure.
Cacao – powerful antioxidant, reduces high blood pressure, improves blood flow to your brain and brain functions, decreases inflammation.
Coconut Sugar – unrefined sugar, which makes it a good substitution for white sugar. Keeps blood glucose low and energy up, source of nutrients such as iron, zinc, calcium and potassium
Avocado Oil – healthy fat, rich in oleic acids. Reduces cholesterol and promotes heart health, is rich in antioxidants and increases absorption of other nutrients in your food.
Introducing food swaps (like the ones from above) into your diet is one of the easiest ways to start your journey of eating healthier. You can do this for yourself and also for your loved ones, after all, we are here to take care of them.
I hope this Valentine’s Day is filled with amazing memories, joy, warmth and a sweet but healthy treat like this cake!
ALMOND FLOUR CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 3 cups almond flour (packed)
- 2/3 cups cacao powder
- 1 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup df chocolate chips (optional for extra chocolate) @hukitchen
- powdered sugar, if desired, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease the sides and bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Mix together almond flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, nut milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir egg mixture into almond flour mixture until well-combined, then stir in chocolate chips. Butter will be thick. Use a rubber spatula to scrape into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes until top is springy when touched.
- Cool on wire rack for 5-10 minutes, then cover with acutting board or plate and flip over.
- Remove pan, thenparchment paper, and cover with serving platter. Then flip over again.
- Dust with powdered sugarto serve, if desired.
- Top withberries/strawberries, coconut whip cream @sodelicious