How many times a week do you want a chocolate bar but don’t want to feel “off track” or sluggish?! Well, what if you could pair delicious chocolate with tasty ingredients full of fiber, protein and adaptogens to reduce stress? Totally genius and FULL credit to @middaysquares 😊 I’ve found that incorporating whole food snack options throughout my day has curbed my cravings and impulse to “splurge” late at night.
Guaranteed to help cope with the stress of the upcoming holidays and oh, yah – a pandemic.
- Pumpkin Seeds are a good source of fiber, packed with healthy fats, magnesium, zinc, antioxidants, and many other nutrients.
- Ashwagandha powerful adaptogenic known for their ability to promote immunity and overall wellness by fighting fatigue, reducing inflammation, and reversing free radical damage
- Dark Chocolate is a potent antioxidant that contains a decent amount of soluble fiber and is loaded with minerals including iron & magnesium
- Hemp Protein is a high quality, easily digestible, vegan protein containing all nine essential amino acids, minerals, and high amounts of fiber per serving.
**or use SEVEN HEALTH – Nourished Protein Powder -as it also contains Aminogen®, a plant enzyme that enhances protein digestibility and absorption plus and Artinia®chitin-glucan, a novel fiber that supports healthy gut flora and antioxidant systems in the body. (use PROMO Code ‘mellyfit’ for 10% off)
Also, I have added this recipe to my Allergen Recipe Book that you’ll receive when you register for my Masterclass: Navigating Food Allergies, Sensitivities & Intolerances on November 30th!
- 2 cups dark chocolate ( approx. 2 bars)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 tbsp Adaptogen powder Chaga mushroom
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Honey
- ½ cups hemp protein powder or @sevenhealth
- ½ cup of water, slowly add
1) Line a muffin tin with muffin tin liners. In a small bowl, add the dark chocolate and coconut oil. Stir in vanilla extract.
2)Microwave for 30-60 sec until melted, stirring in between or melt in a steel bowl over a pot of boiled water.
3) Pour chocolate mixture into the liners .Freeze for 15 minutes.
5) In a blender, add the remaining ingredients. Slowly add the water. Make sure it’s not too liquidy!!
7) Scoop in a tablespoon and press in the mixture evenly into the muffin tin. Keeps in fridge 1 week or freezer up to 3 months.