To go along with the theme of the month – DETOXing- I wanted to share my Green Detox Juice Recipe. Some of the detoxing benefits of these ingredients are listed below:
Causes the liver to release the bile, source of selenium, mobilizes mercury & other neurotoxins from the cell membranes
Raises Hydrochloric acid to produce bile, neutralizes and flushes out toxins. Fights free radicals & Aids in digestions
Hydrates, alkalizing effects, aids in digestion & rich in Vitamin C to boost immunity
Contains pectin, which is a soluble fiber to support digestion & contains phlorizin which stimulates bile production
- 6 stalks celery
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 lemon
- 1 medium green apple -cored
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1-inch length piece fresh ginger, skin removed
- 1 medium lemon, peeled
- ½-1 cup of filtered water
- *Optional – chlorophyll or chlorella or spirulina
- Cut all ingredients into cubes, put into a blender or juicer. Add ½-1 cup of filtered water.
- Using a mesh bag, cheesecloth or strainer, pour the juice and pulp into over a medium-sized bowl. Make sure to firmly press all the remaining juice out.
- You can keep in the fridge for up to 3 days, but best to drink it fresh. !
- You can use a juicer or a blender
- use organic if possible, wash thoroughly
- Drink 4-6 cups per day, plus 2 L of water for optimal benefits
- Best to drink on an empty stomach
- use pulp in your smoothies or soups or baking recipes
TRY OUT MY 5-DAY DETOX PROGRAM https://mellyfit.com/programs/
Until Next Time,