This recipe is just TOO good. It’s simple and quick to make. It’s also one to impress! It includes some greens, proteins, herbs and healthy fats so you will feel super satiated after this meal!
The sausages are homemade, but you can use any lean sausage options, such as turkey, veal or lamb. I also always add leafy greens to most all pasta dishes to ramp up the nutritional value, so thought to add Kale as I find it tastes delicious with sausage. A fresh herb is a must, this time around I used sage and almost forgot how much I LOVE IT! But feel free to use any herb you have on hand.
✅1 bunch of Tuscan Kale (or any type you prefer)
✅1 lb Gluten Free Pasta (teff, quinoa and amaranth blend) @pastanatura
**only found at eataly, you use any type you have**
✅3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
✅3 Sausages – I used lamb (but any type of protein will do)
✅ 3 garlic cloves
✅1/2 bunch of sage
✅1/4 cup of white wine
✅1/4 cup of bone broth
✅ 2 tbsp of vegan butter or ghee
✅ 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast or parmesan
1) Preheat oven to 360F & when ready put sausages in the oven for 20 min, turn for another 20 min
2) Remove bottom of stems of kale & place in a large pot of boiling water for 2 min (blanch), remove & rinse under cold water. Use the same pot to cook the pasta.
3) Heat olive oil on pan /skillet med heat and add half of the sage. Once it gets crispy, remove from pan
4) Add garlic to same pan, white wine, chopped kale, broth and remaining sage. Simmer for a few minutes. Add butter.
5) remove sausages from oven and slice up, add to oil sauce, Add nutritional yeast/parm and stir for 2-3 min over low heat.
6) Top pasta with sauce and ENJOY!