- saves you $money$
- you can add your own preferred flavors and seasonings
- Free of allergens
- packed with nutritional benefits
- easy to make
- great to bring to parties with a DIP (you can WOW the crowd)
PROTEIN SEED CRUNCH
GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, VEGAN, ORGANIC, EGG FREE
SERVINGS: 10 | PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES | DEHYDRATION TIME: 2 -3 HRS
- 1/2cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1cup ground flax seeds
- 1/3cup sesame seeds
- 1/4cup chia seeds
- 1tsp pink himalayan sea salt
- 1 & 1/4 cup coconut water
- 2 tbsp of Coconut Flakes
- 1 scoop Protein Powder (unflavored)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add the pumpkin seeds to a food processor and pulse several times, until it resembles coarse sand.
- Dissolve 1 scoop PROTEIN powder (unflavoured) in coconut water, add vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all seeds, coconut flakes and salt. Stir together and then add liquid protein powder mixture and stir for a minute, until the seeds start to gel together. (if too thick add a little more coconut water, should be a little more liquidy than a paste.)
- Get two 11×17 baking sheets and set aside. Place half the mixture on a large piece of parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll to your desired thickness. Repeat with the other half.
- Use a knife to slice the mixture into evenly sized pieces.
- Place the parchment sheets with the cracker mixture onto the baking sheets and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until fully dehydrated, rotating the pans half-way through. Allow crackers to cool completely, then break apart.
Enjoy eating on its own or with your favorite dip/spread!
**NUTRITIONAL INFO (approximately 5 crackers)
- 158 cal
- 13 g of fat
- fibre – 7 g
- protein – 7 g
- iron – 13.5% of dietary intake
- calcium – 16% daily intake
- magnesium – 26 % daily intake
Some other flavorings to try out:
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- Dissolve 1 scoop of the collagen powder in the coconut water
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flakes (Replace the sesame seeds )
- 1 tbsp of Berry powder (ie: goji or blueberry )
- 1 tbsp of dried mint
- Dissolve 1 scoop PROTEIN powder (unflavoured) in coconut water
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- ½ tsp vanilla