I just finished my personalized 3 day detox program yesterday and I am feeling great! It is such an easy and effective way to detox the body and what better time than now, as the weather starts getting warmer? I have experience with detox programs from completing one in Goa, India and have created many my own versions over the past few years (you can read about that one in my blog: My 5-day Wellness Retreat). This one is really curated to heal the gut, reduce any body inflammation and remove toxins from the body. I wanted to ensure I was having protein, fiber, and healthy fats to still have energy and not go hungry! We still need to complete day-to-day activities like work, school and so forth and can’t do it having NO energy.
I like doing detox programs 4 times a year (every season change) and even though I am generally healthy, I am still exposed to toxins and chemicals daily – they are simply unavoidable. Also, I’m not perfect and do indulge once in a while in fried foods, alcohol, dining out and the occasional over snacking!
It is important to keep in mind to prepare everything in advance so that you do not feel stressed or overwhelmed while on the program. Also make sure to go in fairly healthy, if not it won’t be as effective. If you need steps on how to complete a pre-detox see my blog post here: PRE-DETOX STEPS.
- first day is toughest – STICK TO IT!
- energy was consistent throughout the day- the sweat sessions helped
- sleep was good
- eczema was reduced
- gut inflammation was reduced
- glowing skin
- low energy in the mornings, gradually increased throughout the day
- little cravings – only first day
- mild headache – only first day
I usually don’t feel my best on only juice cleanses. I find the sugars in the juice are not anti-inflammatory or healing for the gut and for me it caused some further irritation. Instead I chose a mix of broths, oils, teas and celery juice. This is why:
- Gut healing
- purifies blood stream
- strengthen bones
- contains omega-3s
- fibre – bowels MUST be working during a detox
- contains protein
- Supports a Healthy Metabolism
- Reduces symptoms of bloating and gas
- Provides energy to body & brain
- fat burning
- can kill microorganisms
- reduce hunger (good for any detox program)
- contains fiber and vitamins, such as magnesium, potassium, vitamin c
- hydrating – especially after your exercise portion in the program
- heals the intestinal lining (leaky gut)
- improves sleep and brain function
- packed with essential vitamins and nutrients -such as Calcium, Magnesium, Vit B
- high protein & collagen
- improves joint health
- Binds to toxins to remove from body
- decrease gas
- may reduce cholesterol levels
2)Tumeric Tea: 1 tsp of coconut oil, 1 tbsp of coconut milk and bring to simmer on stove (OR buy LAIRD and it is pre-made & ready for you)
3)Celery Juice : add 1 Tbsp sprouted flax and chia ground up (make it yourself or buy the pre-made version from Organic Traditions)
*SUPPLEMENTS– Vitamin B, Vitamin D (only if you are already take these)
2)Beef Bone Broth -1 bowl
SUPPLEMENTS – Vitamin C (only if you already take these)
2)Chicken Bone Broth: 1 bowl and ADD 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
Supplements – Magnesium/Calcium (if you already take these)
* Day 3 EVENING: Add Activated Charcoal – 1 tablespoon in 8 oz of water. If you feel okay, you can add it to the next morning & evening when you are not on the program
*Exercise – sweat session each day and can range from 20 min to 60 min. Hot Yoga, Jogging, Gym, etc. Do your regular routine but reduce to half the amount. For Example: Run -4 miles, do 2 miles. Weights -You do 10 reps, do 5 reps.
*you can substitute with Vegetable Broth or Fish Bone Broth if vegan/vegetarian
*If you want to read more information about alternative methods on detoxing the body (aside from a program) that will greatly benefit you then read the amazing blog post by Christy B, ‘Why Women Inspire’.
If you have ANY questions PLEASE feel free to message me below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would love to hear your results so please share them with me 🙂 You got this!
PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION (FOR YOUR FRIDGE)
Until Next Time,