Another great show in the books- add in the gorgeous weather, music and good vibes! I have been attending @glutenfreegarage since I went gluten free 8 years ago. This show continues to grow and build awareness towards Celiac Disease and gluten allergies, sensitives and autoimmune disorders. It is a great feeling to be around those that have similar challenges and experiences as you. I was lucky enough to be able to volunteer at the Canadian Celiac Association booth -alongside Shelly Case. They had a petition where we gathered signatures to make a change and have celiac blood testing included under OHIP. At the moment , in Ontario we have to pay to get Celiac Disease testing where the rest of Canada it is included in their health coverage. NOT COOL. Hoping to see a change with this in the near future!
I was also able to explore the show and discovered some great new products that I want to share with you all!
Here are my top picks:
- The Butternut Baking Co – their cookies and dairy free cream frosting was so delicious! 100% gluten free, paleo-inspired and naturally low carb bakes. NO ADDED CRAP.
- Beekeeper’s Naturals – Bee propolis Throat Relief in a travel spray bottle. I always like having throat lozenges on me but this is a much better alternative. Much more cost effective and there is no sugar, it is just pure bee propolis. Super soothing on the throat!
- Thornbury Bakery – ( from Thornbury, Ontario). It is SO hard finding a gluten free bread that has no eggs in it and tastes good. BUT there is hope! You must try their Original Chia Bread. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, vegan, non-GMO and delicious!
- Rawcology – NEW FLAVOUR ALERT -Coconut Chips Smoky Cheeze. These were so delicious that I had to pick some up. Great on their own but as suggested I will be topping it on my salads too 😊
- Georgian Bay Granola Company -Coconut Mango Bliss. Local, organic, gluten free, non-GMO and LIGHTLY sweetened with coconut nectar
- Beattie’s Distillers – Potato Vodka from Allison, Ontario! It is hard to find gluten & corn free vodkas, this one is quite delicious!
- Leo & Co – wow! talk about perfecting a cookie free of dairy, gluten, corn, soy and chemicals! Only had 5 ingredients and SO YUM!
Also, I was SO impressed with @gfwifey and the food bank, collecting over 900 pounds of gluten free food!
Until next year GF Garage!